1. Treat the symptoms and not the cause
2. Use toxic medicines with multiple side effects to treat the ailments.
3. Side effects from medicines that ultimately harm the other vital organs, immunity system and normal cells trigger more chronic, terminal and autoimmune diseases. The poor patients have to spend even more money to treat other diseases. Low immunity due to medication means the patients are vulnerable to infections.
4. If the patient has high blood pressure due to eating tidbits and instant noodles then the first step to recovery is to stop eating the instant noodles and the tidbits. Usually the doctors do not tell the patients the cause of the health problem. As a result the patient continues to eat the food that triggers the high blood pressure. And the health problem remains unresolved.
5. Blame the wrong culprits. Many doctors will blame the poor eggs for the cholesterol problem but the eggs do not have any internal organs so they will not cause an increase in the LDL. Some doctors will inform the patients their cancer is due to family history. However, everyone of us got cancer cells in our body In fact, a person's health is determined when the foetus is in the mother's womb. Whatever food the mother consumes eventually will map that person's state of health. Therefore, whatever health problem the mother has the children will have as well. Growing up, the children will also eat whatever the mother cooks.
6. Current system does not encourage early detection. Isn't it cheaper to treat a pre diabetic than a diabetic? It is cheaper to pay for the checkups than to pay for the treatment of chronic, or terminal illnesses. Make check up compulsory for everyone then the health problem can be nibbed at the bud. How do you know what health problem you have if you don't go for check up? Liver and kidney problems at the initial stage do not have any symptoms. Isn't the heart a silent killer? People tend to ignore check up failing to understand early detection of health problem can greatly reduce medical cost, physical sufferings and unnecessary loss of life. Comprehensive check up should be made compulsory for all. It must also include kidney and liver functions.
7. Failure of all the government in the world to stop cigarette smokers, incense/forest burners, car emission, the use of hormones and antibiotics on animals meant for consumption from harming the lives and the environment
We live in a strange world, allow toxins to be present in the food, drink and air then use more toxin to try to heal the poisoned body. It's about time Singapore aims to be the first in the world to be a smoke free country then we can show everybody how to drastically reduce the astronomical health care costs and what going green truly is.
Extracted from my soon to be published book